Saturday, November 6, 2010

Glimpses of my Davao trip

I just arrived from Davao yesterday. It was the least that I expected because I feel too stressed to go out due to my asthma attack. Nevertheless, I decided to go out and cross the main city ( I stayed by the way in the Island Garden City of Samal-my mother's hometown, an island declared a city off coast of Davao City) and accompany my mom in the city. Every time we crossed to and from the island I couldn't get enough of the captivating view of the Mt. Apo which is dubbed as the tallest mountain in the country (google the height if you want). Much as  I would like to take a picture of it, we forgot to buy the right batteries for my digicam. Moving on, I never fail to breathe the cool air breeze with the belief that it could slightly relieve my attack. Thank God, I managed everything despite my dilemma! One of the things I've accomplished during my trip was getting  duplicate copy of my baptismal certificate because I have long planned to secure one and it only took less than an hour to get it at a reasonable price! I also convinced my mom to visit her former employer or the establishment where she used to work for a long time-Merco ( Mercantile Corporation), a famous food joint in Davao during the 90's which now specializes in ice cream and cakes. We were lucky enough because there was a Halloween promo on the Watermelon Ice cream special which was buy one take one. Three scoops of ice cream (for the single serving at 115 pesos, 4 scoops for double at 135 pesos) sits on a half sliced watermelon fruit with garnished round watermelon balls and topped with sliced bananas. It was indeed a feast on the eyes. I will be showing you a picture in my next blog after I finished uploading it from my mobile. Most of all, we took time to meet up and bond with relatives when there is time and there was never a lull moment in these times. For me, it was no longer a tearful goodbye to leave Davao because I promised myself that I will be back next year and this time, to tour the whole Island Garden City as well as the Davao City escapades. Davao is not just my mother's hometown, it is also where I was born and nothing can ever change that. Just thinking of going back really makes me excited! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment