Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reminded of Blessings

Just got news that a long-awaited second hand gift was no longer working and that it is impossible to use. "Huh? What happened? What now?" Of course whaI felt is inexplicable since I have been waiting for it for such a long time as promised. Have I not read an article on a Blind Father Who Saw Hope from my e-mail, I would have been more cranky until I get to sleep today. Thank God for that story, my heart melted and realized I still have a lot to be thankful even if I would not get what I want for now. It also reminded me of the people I am working with in Gawad Kalinga especially the homeowners and the kids, who with such simple acts of care already makes them happy. Once again, I recalled the countless blessings I have received which would still make me a sane and happy person!

The good news is, instead of that old phone that I longed for, I would still be given a new one though not the same brand anymore. Still, it is a blessing!

As a bonus, I am pasting the article here that inspired me today. Enjoy reading!


A Blind Man Sees Hope 
His father was born completely blind, eking out a living by working as a masseur in Antipolo.
 
His mother died when he was only 5 years old. His elder brother was born a special child. Juhnee (not his real name) spent his entire childhood in an orphanage in Silang, Cavite where the kindhearted nuns of Sisters of Mary provided for his elementary and high school education. After high school, he applied for and was granted scholarship in Civil Engineering in a private college in Laguna. He was so happy. He thought the time had come for him to grow his wings and face life’s battles by himself. The future finally is looking good. He found hope. So he said teary good-byes to the kind sisters. He left the orphanage and rented a tiny bed-space in a house near the college. Then for reasons he himself cannot understand, the college scholarship didn’t push through. But he had already enrolled when he learned the scholarship wasn’t coming anymore. Too late to enroll again in a public school, in any other government-run college. And he was too embarrassed to return to the orphanage. That’s one long, long series of life’s blows nobody deserves. He had sunk so low in the depths of despair that he asked himself if there really is a god of hope. Or any kind of god. But Juhnee’s father, hardened by years of deprivation and sustained by a living faith in God, wasn’t about to give up. Not when his son finally reached college. That’s when the father came across a missionary from Medical Missions Sisters.  The latter immediately referred Juhnee to Pag-asa ng Pamilya Scholarship Foundation, one of the partner organizations  KerygmaFamily supports. That was followed by a meeting among Juhnee, his father and one of our servant leaders. A meeting that resulted in Juhnee rediscovering what hope means. He got another college scholarship. No cancellation this time. He began to dream again. He began to hope again. Juhnee again realized that indeed there is a God. And He is a God of hope. I thank your faithful contributions. Because of you, Juhnee—and all these poor scholars—realize that there is indeed a God of hope.  May your dreams come true, Bo Sanchez PS. To give your monthly donation to KerygmaFamily that supports Pag-asa ng Pamilya and many other partner ministries, click here now. 
 Source: Bo's KFam Report



No comments:

Post a Comment