Sunday, December 25, 2011

REAL CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

My fellow volunteers busy packing for the relief goods 

Prior to this day, I overheard a lady on the passenger jeep I was on, telling her companion, " Dili pa lage ma-feel ang Pasko no?" (Doesn't feel like Christmas yet, does it?). The question I heard made me think too if I already feel the Christmas spirit and I asked myself, "Is it because I consider everyday as Christmas already?" Maybe or maybe not. This special day is about sharing and it is Jesus' birthday! If Christmas is about sharing and I consider myself sharing as part of my regimen everyday, then perhaps that is the reason that the Christmas spirit is no longer that exciting..ah, yes, I reckon the lady in the jeepney was not really talking about feeling the Christmas spirit but it could be she was referring to the excitement! So, there you go, the Christmas spirit is in the air..or wait, I can also say that we can wait for the Christmas spirit in the air to happen or we can make Christmas Spirit happen! You decide!
all smiles after a day's packing! That's the Spirit!
Photos courtesy of GK-Cebu

As for me, I am enjoying my Christmas vacation as well as helping in the relief operations for the Sendong typhoon victims last week! That, for me, is real Christmas Spirit. What about you?!


Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment