Sunday, December 16, 2012

Agents of Change

Yesterday I mentioned about my awesome 12-12-12 day!

Today I will be talking about something that I have learned from someone in the

corporate world when it comes to a national depression like the World War II.

This is also in relation to the upcoming so called end of the world this 21st

of December 2012.

I have read about John Gokongwei's Commencement speech to some Ateneo Graduates a few years back where he summarized his rags-to-riches story.

One of the things I have learned was the time when the Philippine economy was bad after the 2nd World War, he realized one thing and that was that almost everyone (if not all) was of equal status mostly due to the aftermath of the war. Instead of complaining to the changes like the others, Mr. Gokongwei saw opportunities needed for a then recovering economy.

In relation to this, this is what we should do whatever happens on the so-called doomsday which is to just find the opportunities to answer the needs of people. honestly, I refuse to believe that it's going to be the end of the world on that that because I still have tons to do and most of all I'd still want to meet my li'l niece in Australia next year!

So, whatever it takes, I'm just gonna go on with my plans and along the way look for opportunities to answer to people's needs and prepare myself to become an agent of change, not a victim of change!

Cheers! :-)


ROSETTE

No comments:

Post a Comment