Saturday, November 26, 2011

GLORIOUS CONFERENCE


Saturday is indeed a glorious and joyous to culminate my second to the last day of my long weekend this month with the Kerygma Conference followed by the Feast of the Miraculous Medal today, which was my grade school alma mater but now turned into a full charity institution run by the Daughters of Charity. I am also praying for a miracle that would happen (either of the two of the things I am asking for). Nevertheless, I feel blessed already and I cannot contain it! The Kerygma Conference says it all  with  the talks delivered to us at the Waterfront Lahug Pacific Grand Ballroom which ended with a high note from Bo Sanchez.

As what the speakers prior to Bro. Bo said, namely, Arun Gogna, Obet Cabrillas, Randy Borromeo ( who were also humorous and hilarious) when they started to get to know God through the Light of Jesus prayer meeting, it seemed that He was speaking to them directly through the speaker! Honestly, I am not new to these kinds of stuff because at a young age of 17 about to turn 18 then, I already get to know the Lord and I can actually say, it was deep because that triggered my unstoppable service to Him through CFC Youth for Christ and eventually made me decide to serve full time which lasted for almost 8 years. Despite my resignation then, I still make it to a point to get connected with God through daily participation of the Holy Mass (especially those busy days) as well as attending our household prayer meeting (small group). So, to cut it short, I've always known that God speaks to me directly not just through speakers but even in ordinary people we meet! Yet, lately, I am perhaps not quite attentive and need to be refreshed or maybe I just miss attending big religious events such as Kcon! Odd but true. 

During the conference, God was not only talking to  me but pointing his finger to my head, then to his chest to tell me that "Che, always remember that you are in  my heart..and nothing (waving his finger on my face and gently touching it) can change that, kuha mo?" (A famous tag line from a teleserye that just ended last week which means, d'ya Get it?) Then I could hear him singing Bruno Mars' "Just the way you are". Of course friends, that was just my imagination except for the song that we all sang as we imagined God serenading us with that tune! 

The point is, in every conference, God speaks to us directly and it could be a different message in each event or it could still be the same message that He is pounding to us endlessly until we give in! One thing is for sure, He never gives up on us and he reaches out to us so we can be "transformed into the same (His) image from Glory to Glory" 2 Corinthians 3:18 and He loves you and me JUST THE WAY WE ARE! 

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Cheers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment