Monday, April 30, 2012

Kerygma Cebu Grand Feast Culminated My Long Weekend

with Bro. Migz Ramirez
Once again, my long weekend is truly blessed as it was culminated with my attendance at the Kerygma's Cebu Grand Feast! The event's main speaker was of course, the man who started the Light of Jesus and Kerygma's Feast all over the world as well as the Philippines' top Catholic Preacher, Bro. Bo Sanchez!

Mama's office mates
It has been months since I last showed up at the Feast due to my new work schedule. In fact, I never expected to grace the event tonight but I believed God intervened when our company announced that today will be a non-working day in exchange of tomorrow's Labor Day holiday. At the time of our employer's announcement about the holiday, I got distracted for a plan to go to Bohol for the Tagbilaran Fiesta and to bond more with cousins too. As I checked the schedule, it seemed impossible since I have to be back on May 1st right away. My mom reminded me and announced with delight that I can attend the Cebu Grand Feast! I felt like someone or something poked my head saying, "Hey, you'd love to go to the Feast, right? This is your chance". So, I set aside the trip (anyway, I went there already the other week) and pushed through with the Feast!

The place was already jam-packed with a few seats left at the back when we arrived. Still, everyone didn't mind and raised hands as they cry out to God in worship and praise. Two things I've learned about Bo's talk on undergoing a detour in our life: 

1) Remain faithful -despite whatever we are going through right now, the most important thing is to remain faithful in our goals and dreams as well as remain faithful in God. We should bloom where we are planted and who knows, it would pave the way to reach our goal.
2) Remain Open - in lieu with blooming where we are planted, we should be open to possibilities. As the saying   goes, "When a door closes, another door or window (of opportunity) opens."

What's most important is we bounce back and just declare "All is Well.." because God is at our side and something better is coming along!



YFC campus-based friends
Indeed, my weekend was well-capped with blessings! The Cebu Kerygma Grand Feast defined my long weekend.! Check out more pictures here!

No comments:

Post a Comment