Sunday, January 27, 2013

Reflections on the Sinulog Procession


was not able to get through the church grounds
but managed to finish the mass outside the gates
I was having second thoughts if I will join the procession yesterday or not but since there is no reason for me not to participate, I just did and it was good to hear mass again in the Basilica during the eve of its fiesta ( I used to hear mass after the procession before at the Cathedral) even if we were just outside the church gates due to so many people attending the Holy Mass after the procession. I also felt that I fervently prayed more than before compared to the previous Feast of the Sto. Nino processions I have gone before! 


trying to tkae a good shot of the fireworks through the banderitas!
Though I was really praying I couldn't help notice the crowd who joined from different walks of life! I could feel the joy overwhelming among us as the image of the Holy Child Jesus passed by before the mass was about to start. We were waving our hands and closed our umbrellas to drench ourselves with the pouring rain as a sign to receive the blessings that we believe God will be giving all of us since we have taken part in the feast celebration for the past two weeks (no, not necessarily completed). I myself, did my crying in the rain that time!



The dancing continued together with the fireworks after the mass ended. It was indeed a fulfilling day and there are no regrets that I joined the procession because I believed that I was even more blessed!



Pit Senyor! :)



ROSETTE


No comments:

Post a Comment