Sunday, January 13, 2013

SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL


I looked up through a glass window inside the mall last Friday and was shocked to find a pouting lady on the reflection. So, I told myself "Hey there, smile because something beautiful is about to happen tonight!" 


Well, I was on my way to an activity in our Singles for Christ cluster entitled "Something Beautiful" at the Parklane International Hotel. As the title says, it was indeed beautiful!

with sisters from our unit!

At first, I dreaded the thought of having to be grouped from different chapters but the moment I entered the hall, it felt home again and the rest went on beautifully!


Rene and Glezil Verano one of the couples who shared
their beautiful love story
It was during the cocktails that we met up with brothers and sisters from other chapters from which we were assigned and it was great to meet and greet these beautiful people! Then, we settled to our seats to listen to the most beautiful people I've known that night starting with our dear cluster head Kuya Roy Luna followed by several sharing of brothers and sisters who imparted something beautiful that happened in their lives, loves , career, family and health. 


Inspiring sharers (3rd & 4th from left) Gege and Tristan Abando,
Ate Sarah Lim (the pretty lady wearing a bandana)

All of them were inspiring and I can attest to that because two of the  pretty sisters sitting beside me can't hold back their tears (hehehe)! One sharing that struck me though was my former household head and chapter head Ate Sarah Lim's sharing that despite what she has gone through all these years as a SFC member and Leader she says, "I never doubted that I am beautiful!" With the sickness that she's got, she reminds herself still that God loves her! I believe I was affirmed by Ate Sarah's statement that there is something to smile about because God loves me, God loves you and God loves us! 

What could be more beautiful to hear but that!

Let us all be reminded when we feel like frowning to just SMILE, GOD is has something beautiful for you! GOD loves you! 








"You are altogether beautiful, my darling, And there is no blemish in you."
-Song of Songs 4:7
May GOD be praised! 

Cheers! :-) 
ROSETTE

Photo credits: Chem Florentino and Ryan Cabanlit (event design)



No comments:

Post a Comment