Friday, October 15, 2010

OJT Chronicles: Genesis

I just started this year in the hotel industry. It all began when I was invited to take up the Housekeeping NC II at the MGB Skills Development and Assessment Center, Incorporated in Lahug, Cebu City. This is a TESDA Accredited Training Center. So, It was already in the middle of the class where I started my training nevertheless, I was able to catch up. Prior to our assessment, my mom, who was my big influence for getting me started asked if I want to pursue an On the job training in the hotel that she worked for. I said, " Sure" and asked her to print the resume that was saved in her USB. However, I was not able to start right away due to lack of requirements. I really believe in blessings in disguise because these times that I was supposed to start, my cousin, who was an Executive Chef in one of the international cruise ships visited Cebu after his contract for this term ended. During the last two days of his stay, together with his girlfriend, they encouraged us (I'm referring to my two other cousins)to pass our resume because there was one that need not require an experience. Anyway, with what happened, new plans are forming in my mind. Here it is: 'I will work in a cruise ship after my Mama and I will be going to Australia for my brother's wedding. Then, after I finish my contract in a span of 6-8 months, I will visit again my brother in Sydney for a month or two and go back to the Philippines to spend a vacation or it could be the other way around too. But, I also want to start up a semi-passive and eventually a passive income so that even if I will not be working after my contract, I still have an income during my vacation. Hopefully, I could get more internet traffic and also invest on it to add up my monetary blueprint.' Well, so far, that's all I could think of my new career dream plan. It is actually my motivation as well to work hard as a Housekeeping OJT. I immediately rushed when they left to settle and complete my requirements so I can immediately start. I still have some sideline businesses and opportunities but my priority is also housekeeping training. I pray that I could endure and that these plans will be blessed. Stay tuned for my OJT Chronicles: Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment