Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Gawad Kalinga: My Miracle Travel

I just came from Manila yesterday after taking part in the celebration of Gawad Kalinga's 7th year launching of GK777. It's an initiative by Couples for Christ to help the poorest of the poor communities restore their dignity through building descent houses for them as well as honing their attitudes toward having a better life through giving values formation from the kids up to the parents ( homeowners). But, I won't be talking much about Gawad Kalinga in this blog..(sorry). I will be sharing to you how I miraculously got there despite my joblessness. I was already beginning to worry on how I can get there because I only have 70 pesos in my wallet. You see, although I was already booked a flight by my friend's credit card, it really was not a guarantee that I could pursue my travel because it seems impossible to produce even the 200 pesos terminal fee! What I did was pray hard for a miracle to happen. By the way, prior to that, I just started my OJT (on the job training) in one of Cebu's hotels. I was looking forward to get tips from guests ( believe me, I was that desperate!). Luckily, I got a 20 peso tip! I thanked God and did not lose hope and expected more the next day. Well, it did not turn out the way I expected it. No more tips until the last day that I was to take off! For desperate measures like these, I swallowed my pride and told my mom that I don't have any allowance except for the Php70. I was then expecting her to be nagging me before I could get the money. Guess what, she didn't! Although it was not that enough but still I was thankful for it! So, I prayed again that I can stretch my budget. Indeed, it was just not quite enough yet thanks to the generous hearts of my friends/hosts because they made my stay worthwhile and even lent me enough money to get to the airport (praise God for people like them)! One more thing, did I mention that I could only count the times I paid for my meals (only 4 times)and my registration for the summit was free? Seems unbelievable,huh? Miracles could really happen as long as we believe and claim for it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment