Monday, September 5, 2011

E-Book vs Audio Book

It was during the release of the Harry Potter Book 5 that I discovered e-books. I've read it in an e-book. It was convenient for me because I can read it in the office computer whenever I need to have a break at work. But, it was draining to the eyes so I also needed to get a break once in a while at reading. In 2009, a friend introduced me to audio books. This time, I was hooked to the Twilight Saga. Even if I bought the books, I also got hold of the audio books so I listen to Book 3 and 4. It considered it also a self-training of my listening skills since I was about to go on training in a call center which would really require such skill. 

However, audio books are more pricey than e-books. So, I opt e-books still unless someone is giving it to me as a gift. But with technology evolving, e-book readers were created and thus, it does not hurt much to the eyes anymore when you read through an e-book reader! Kindle was probably the first E-book Reader from Amazon which was followed by Barnes and Noble's NOOK. I only got a glimpse of the Kindle because one friend is also selling it here in the Philippines. Now, Kindle and Nook are not just e-book gadgets but it has evolved again into an application!Anyone who would wants to read an e-book at the comfort of their PC's, Mac, Iphone, Ipad, Ipods, Android and Smartphones with an E-book reader format can simply download the apps of Kindle or Nook. That way, they need not add another gadget in their bag.

Anyway, so which would I really prefer? I should say I still love reading more than listening yet I need to improve my listening skills as well. For now, I choose which ever is available. Just make sure that it has the same content with the published physical book 'coz it might be a fake. 

Cheers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment