Sunday, September 18, 2011

SLEEPLESS SATURDAY: GK ACTIVITY AND HOUSEHOLD

Yesterday was a tiring yet productive and fulfilling day as I went right after the shift to a Gawad Kalinga Activity in GK-Lexmark Village, Minglanilla, Cebu that was also attended by the US Navy Personnel who were aboard USS Russell and docked in Cebu to participate in Fil-Am partnership activities where GK was one of their itineraries. Together with them of course were the ever dynamic employees of Lexmark International Philippines, Inc. (LIPI), Lexmark Development and Research Corp. (LRDC) and another name of their subsidiary that I forgot to take note. The Lexmark Executives were there too. [Image] GK local volunteers together with US Navy Volunteers In collaboration with Lexmark, was the Cebu Provincial Government (who donated the land years ago) headed by our very own Gov. Gwen Garcia. Most of all, the US Ambassador Harry K. Thomas was also there. The last but not the least whom I believe were the most important and the main purpose of the visit were the GK Minglanilla Homeowners who were actively participating before, during and after the GK activity that took place. 
GK Local volunteers together with Lexmark and US Navy Volunteers
 from  USS Russell Naval Ship


I thought I was just one of the spectators who will witness the unforgettable event but was not surprised that I was requested to take some pictures of the ongoing activities. Anyhow, all ended well as everyone went home with a big smile and heavy stomach after a sumptuous lunch. I was not able to join in serving the Parents Forum because I was the host for my household prayer meeting in Singles for Christ which started around past five.


 After I left the site, I went straight to the mall to buy some ingredients for the food that I’ll serve for the meeting. It was easier said than done since it took me almost two hours to finish my experiment which by the way, was not perfected because the noodles was not that al dente and the salsa was not as what I expected to taste. In fairness, the sauce was quite well mixed. Nevertheless, my household mates appreciated the efforts (thank you ladies!).  We did a brief yet fruitful catching up and sharing. Although short and there were only three of us, we were thankful we pushed through because we get to speak out again among ourselves.


 My day did not end there because I did some quick bonding time with my god child who is living with us  whom together with the rest of the people in our home, we have been helping develop her growing skills as she prepares to turn 1 next month.


 I was planning to check the web after that but decided to relax for a bit as I watched TV and eventually dozed off. I woke up and realized that it’s my 3rd day already of not checking the internet and my e-mails! After taking a quick shower, I decided not to sleep yet ‘coz I can’t miss taking account what I’ve gone through today. Oh, another thing that snapped me was that I have been awake for more than 24 hours now as I write this. Still, the muscle ache (for too much  standing) and sun tan was well worth it! :-)




Image courtesy of Mikyu Maglasang

No comments:

Post a Comment