Monday, September 26, 2011

TURNING THOUGHTS INTO POSITIVE ONES: ON HOT AND COLD DAYS

Rainy and windy days are here again! I just savor the coolness of the air as I walked home from work earlier this morning. It looked like it was going to become stronger but I just ignored it and feel the wind sweep through my face and swaying my hair in different directions.

A weather this extreme always remind me of a time wherein I joined my parents' activity ( I forgot if it was a fellowship among couples or just a recollection seminar in our parish). Anyway, one of the teachings I could never forget then was how we should approach every situation we fell into. One example the speaker pointed was when it comes to weather conditions.

Often, we would wish for what was not there. We even complain for such condition and eventually end up complaining again! For example, if it feels too cold , we complain and wished for the sun and if it's too hot, we grumble again and would wish for rain! But what was the one thing that struck me most and I have often practiced it myself was when he taught us ( or something like that ) how to approach God when it comes to weather conditions. This might not be how it sounded but at least the thought is there:

Whenever we feel warm with the hot weather, just say, "How warm is your love, Lord..it's really hot!" and whenever we feel cold, "Thank you for the cool wind that reminded me of Your Spirit's presence in us!"

That's it! No If's , No But's! I know, it's easier said than done but all we have to do is just practice and eventually find out for ourselves that we look at life more brighter and promising than ever! We only have to start and do it.

Cheers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment