Sunday, June 5, 2011

Awesome Kids Event!

The day was once again awesome as I attended the first GK Cebu SAGIP Conference where children ages 7-13 years old from the different GK sites of Cebu attended the momentous event! The kids showcased their talents through the SAGIP Got Talent followed by a version of Amazing Race after lunch. The started with a story telling type wherein the only child of a King and Queen got sick, in order for the princess to get well, some things are needed. So, the Royal Couple asked the help of the townspeople (the contenders) and whoever finds all of them first, shall be given a reward. The kids excitedly ran with their Ate´s and Kuya´s (Big Sisters and Brothers/Guardians) to find what they need. 

As one of the station managers, my task was to ask them to recite the Panatang Makabayan (Swear of allegiance to the Philippines recited during flag ceremonies before start of classes) before I could give them the item.

Anyway, it was followed by an inspirational talk by Kuya Jerdie and a sharing thereafter. The event ended with a Kids Praise which made the kids taught how to praise and worship before they leave.

I was once again touched by the kids whom I have never seen for such a long time yet still remembered me. It made my heart leap for joy and got excited again to visit the sites they live in just to bond with them (crossing my fingers that it will happen soon). Some of the GK sites missed the event but the good news is, we will bring the event to them! Yay! I hope to be able to join the group with these happenings (if the schedule permits, of course!). I will be posting pictures soon!


Feeling blessed and Happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment